EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:42:24 -0500
Art de Vany has done a lot of work on a book and I recall that he was
trying to get a mainstream publisher interested in it some years go.

I cannot speak for Art, but this is what may be happening: while Art has
been doing that, the evolutionary fitness field has been expanding and
there is a lot of recent research which would probably have caused Art to
want to incorporate those developments in his manuscript.  He also taught a
course on evolutionary fitness in 2001.  He may have been modifying his
presentation in the light of that experience.  Another factor is to
consider what a mainstream publisher did with Professor Loren Cordain's
book The Paleo Diet - turned it into just another diet book.  I'd quite
understand it if Art decided th
at he'd not <throw pearls before swine> and
just continue with his research.  And with living evolutionary fitness.

The notions of evolutionary fitness are well set out at
www.evolutionaryfitness.com and, while a book would be great, this compact
but powerful statement sent me off on the most stimulating year of my life:
I have learnt _so_ much about evolution, human evolution, fitness, diet,
complexity, human physiology, paleoanthopology, paleoecology and science
itself.  I have been able to apply evolutionary fitness to my own exercise
routines, diet and life generally.  The results are incredible and the
journey continues!  I could never have done this without
www.evolutionaryfitness.com.

There is a useful introductory book called <Neanderthin>.  An odd title
(probably the publishers idea) as it does not dwell on Neanderthals, and is
about FAR more than becoming thin.  The paperba
ck is very low-priced and
it's a good introductory read; check it out at amazon.com.

Meanwhile join in the discussions at this site and start your own journey.

Keith