EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 05:12:19 -0500
To reply to a digest, insert the relevant message header; don't reply to the digest header

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:26, Tim Rowell wrote:

>Interesting conversation on Art DeVany's blog earlier this month that I missed.
>
>http://www.arthurdevany.com/archives/2005/11/a_great_comment.html#comments
>
>I especially liked the excerpt from Cordain's new book about halfway
>down about the Ache.
>
>Tim

Thanks, Tim

It's my personal opinion that within the next 6 to 12 months we can expect to see Art De Vany's
book with his publisher and maybe even in the bookshops.  Art has his blog (and his contributions
are stimulating, chock-a-block with his usual confidence and entertainingly presented). He's
certainly full of energy!

But when his book is published there will be a demand for this list, as a space for discussion which
is critical (in the narrow and broad sense) of his book.  Art runs his own blog and although he's
well able to look after himself, and welcomes criticism, he will need to censor some of the
criticisms made of his work. He has a 'conflict of interest' and also a sense of responsibility which
pretty much demands this. Those criticisms will find a home here. For example, I foresee
uninformed comment by people who have not read - and will not read - the book; some of these
will be embarrassingly silly and it would reflect poorly upon Art if he permitted them to remain on
his site.  Likewise there may be intemperate comment about other people in this field like Loren
Cordain or Frank Forencich; Art would not want to display such comment on his blog where by
doing so may indicate an endorsement which he would not give.

My point is that even though this list has been virtually dormant, its time may come again in 2006.
I would like to offer the ownership of the list now to someone who would be interested in
managing through 2006 - which will, I hope be stimulating and rewarding times. Depending upon
the nature of the criticisms, they could be difficult times as well. Would anyone like to take over
list ownership from me? Let me assure readers that I will do my best to see that the person who
takes it over from me - if indeed i relinquish it - will provide a good service to all subscribers.

If you are interested in taking over the ownership role, please contact me.

Keith

The FAQ for Evolutionary Fitness is at http://www.evfit.com/faq.htm