EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Arthur De Vany <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:06:28 -0700
> Can you recommend any particular formulation of antioxidants?

I use Glutathione Health Packs from Health Maintenance Products.  These
are available by mail.  Go to www.hmpscience.com to order or learn of the
products.

I have used the HMP products for about 16 years and am convinced they are
a big part of my (what I think is) retarded rate of aging.  The product is
developed and produced by leading scientists in the field.  By the way,  I
am not paid to endorse the product and can only tell you of my results.

I am not sure of the other question (where you there?).  I have never been
fat if that is what it is asking.  The statistics I cited on the failure
of dieting to maintain weight loss are from many studies.  Why this is so
is a topic of a paper I am doing right now.  In a word, we evolved in a
world of nutrient scarcity,  so we are not programmed to live in caloric
balance.  Balance would have spelled a rapid death during the Paleolithic.
   We are programmed to eat everything in sight because that allowed our
ancestors to survive.

Arthur De Vany
Professor
Economics and Mathematical Behavioral Sciences
University of California
Irvine, CA 92697-5100
949-824-5269
http://aris.ss.uci.edu/econ/personnel/devany/devany.html