EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edith Mcklveen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:51:47 -0400
At this point, I doubt that I am getting anywhere near the amount of meat protein that seems to be the average for a paleolithic diet.  I just have never been a big meat eater.  I grew up eating meat and fish and eggs and porkchops and liver and stuff, but meat protein is not soul food for me the way it naturally seems to be for some people.

I have always loved the wide variety of texture and color and flavors in fruits and vegetables.  That is mainly why I have at various times in my life pretty much of a vegetarian.  I know that is not enough for good health, but I think even the best piece of meat is pretty boring compared to a nice, big, crispy salad full of all kinds of vegetables.

I don't know what to do about that.  Just this morning, I had three eggs and a couple of Steakums for breakfast, and I kept telling myself that it's good for me, but I don't know that I quite believe it yet.

Not that meals have to be entertainment.  Our culture is so into the idea of novelty food (bigger, better, greater, grander, zippier--no flavor, color, or texture beyond the reach of nutritional adulteration) that it's hard sometimes to find anything plain and simple.  Nevertheless, I am still a sucker for all the hoopla.

Edith