EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 18:17:40 -0400
Date:    Sat, 21 Apr 2001 17:29:29 -0700
From:    Arthur De Vany <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Digest - 20 Apr 2001 to 21 Apr 2001
(#2001-50)

Diane:

I would ask you to refrain from the kind of language you used in your
last post.  I suggest you drop the list as that sort of thing is not
acceptable.

Arthur De Vany
Economics and Mathematical Behavioral Sciences
University of California
SSPA 2129
Irvine, CA 92697
**************************************************************************>>

Arthur:

I could disingenously profess that I don't understand the "kind of language"
to which you take such objection, but the fact is I do understand.  The
"kind of language" you have a problem with is the "kind of language" that
you can't disagree with rationally, logically and empirically, and in plain
non-jargon English.

I will take your suggestion and happily drop off the list, as it is an
unedifying waste of time, run by the kind of  petty fascist that makes a
college education in this day and age a criminal waste of time and money.
Please tell your little houseboy to drop me from the list.

Of course, it's only thru debate and good faith conflict that progress
occurs.  Some smart guy once said that totalitarians can forbid the bad, but
they can never compel the good, which only comes about through the
interactions of free men.  I really pity you.

The few people on this list--you know who you are--who have truly
interesting things to contribute are welcome to email me privately at

Diane