ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vinny Samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 09:23:56 -0700
Kathy,
After the Lord told me that, I have never prayed for it.  The challenges of
getting through my life are much more necessary for me to get through than
the healing of my eyes.
I prayi for healing for a lot of other things instead of my eyes.
About 15 years ago, I I was praying one night, and I felt the Lord say, that
the time of my healing was coming soon.
Obviously it either wasn't the Lord, or his  definition of "soon" is
different than mine.  Smile.
 Again, I do believe in God's ability and power to heal.
About eight years ago, however, I was in a church where there was a healing
preacher there, and he saw I was blind, though I was in the back of this
large church. He began making remarks about me in front of everyone.
I prayed and said to myself, "Lord, you know what I have been through all
these years.  If this is from you, I'll sense the nature of Christ in this
man.  Obviously, it was not from the Lord, and the man just humiliated me in
front of everyone.
But when God heals me, he will get the glory. Not some man.

    On another point, I recently heard of several stories when people who
hadn't seen for 50 years, got their sight back from a medical proceedure.
They almost went crazy because they didn't know how to use the extra sense,
or how to interpret what was happening to them.  It took many years for them
to adjust.
I have also heard of some who have never adjusted.
So, if God chooses to heal me in this life, I want it to be from him, not
some medical proceedure.   Vinny