ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2007 13:52:00 -0700
I have always been puzzled over that song called the Little Drummer Boy,
too.  I sure enjoy the Christmas music this time of year.  Shoot, I enjoy it
all year.  I often find myself humming, or whistling, Christmas songs in the
summer time.  I'm still a whistler.  When I ran a snackbar back in my early
twenties, people were always commenting on my whistling.  They normally said
something like, "I enjoy your whistle.  My dad used to whistle while he
worked but you don't hear it much any more."  When I traveled and preached
in the mid seventies, I whistled in church after the services when people
stopped coming around to talk but then others would walk up and comment on
my whistling even in church.  No, it isn't anything special, my whistling
that is, it is simple.  I can, however, thanks to my dad teaching me, stick
two fingers into my mouth and whistle so loud, I can blow your ears off.
Yes, I've done that in church, too, normally during worship services when
I've gotten carried away.  It is called, Whistling in the Spirit.  You think
I'm joking but I'm not.

Phil.