ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chris Gilland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:49:57 -0500
Pat,

    That is actually the exact name of the Bible translation.

It's like a Bible with footnotes, only it literally speaking gives the
scriptures, and then also I think after a passage puts them into
perspective, For instance:

Prov. 3:5-6 might would read something like:

Put all your trust in the Lord, don't worry about your own understandings.
God is the one who matters, so give ear to the fact, he knows best, and he
will see you through - - -

(Has there ever been a time, when you've felt so distant from God, that you
felt you just couldn't go on?  Does it really matter what we think is right
or wrong, when God has provided us with the correct way?)

That isn't word per word what it says, just an example.

The problem is, I've yet to find this in an accessible form.

It is so cool though.  My grandparents have it in print, and have read some
of it to me, and I immediately fell in love with it.

So yes, it's called the Life Application Bible, both old and new testament
by the way.  It's put out by Tyndale House Publishing.

Chris.