ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Charles Borg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Borg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:01:02 +0100
Dear listers,

I've been missing a number of months from this list but I'm back again now.  Posting just a short introduction for those
who weren't here when I last was on the list.

My name is Charles Borg and I live in Malta a small island in the centre of the Mediterranean.  It is the same island that
the Apostle Paul was ship wrecked on whilst on his way to Rome for his trial before cesar.  I was born in San Francisco
53 years ago and became totally blind in 1969 after coming to Malta with my parents in 1961.  My brother Gerry is one
year my junior and he's now living in Billings Montana.  Patricia and I were married in 1990 and our daughter Rebecca
was born in 1992.

I have been in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal since 1975 when the first prayer meetings started in Malta.  Before I
used to attend a Pentecostal meeting and came to know the Lord and was baptised in the Holy Spirit in 1973.  Presently
I am an instructor of Braille but help my friend Michael Micallef with persons who are learning ict.  You could say that my
job varies and yesterday I was making suggestions to another blind person who has a very short white stick.  Although it
says Braille instructor on paper, I think that it should be more than that.  It is, after all, my first week on the job and I'll do
what is necessary to make it interesting for my students and myself.

I end by praising the Lord for His kindness and goodness and love for all of us.  By the way, sorro for the length of this
message.

Your brother,
Charlie