ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 00:31:04 -0400
I know how you are feeling.  My son who is 14 years old gives me a hard time
with everything.  He takes advantage of my lack of sight to try to get away
with things he couldn't get away with if I were sighted.  We do yell and
scream at each other quite a bit because I try to force him to do things my
way.  Blind people must have a sort of hands on approach when it comes to
raising children because our children think they can get away with so much
more than they should.  This angers me more because what he tries to get
away with is willful disobedience.  He forgets he is 14 years old and thinks
he is 21.  He insists on playing with the wrong sort of boys and every time
he says he is sorry, I fear it is just an attempt to make me forgive him so
he can turn rite around and do the same sort of things again.  My husband
has Alzheimer's and never listens to me either and often puts himself in
harms way because he never listens.  I know he is sick and can't help
himself but I often become short of patience.  I am going through the change
as well and am the only one in the house who recognizes this as a problem as
far as mood swings are concerned.  Needless to say I have a very short
temper these days.  So, I would like to ask your prayers as the days
proceed.