ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:07:20 -0500
Check out the Our Daily Bread reading for today.

OUR DAILY BREAD
January 16, 2004
Nothing But The Truth
Read: Proverbs 12:17-22
Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who deal truthfully
are His delight.
—Proverbs 12:22
-------
Years ago I read some unusual and humorous explanations for auto
accidents. The following
are just a few that people submitted to an insurance company:
"I had been driving my car for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel
and had the accident."
"I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law,
and headed over the
embankment."
"The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him."
"The telephone pole was approaching fast. I attempted to swerve out of
its path when it
struck my front end."
"The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before
I hit him."
"The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with
a big mouth."
These "excuses" may bring a smile, and some were probably meant to. But
they also remind
us of how prone we are to shade the facts, especially when it works to
our advantage. The
book of Proverbs tells us that "lying lips are an abomination to the
Lord" (12:22).
So let's be careful at all times to speak the truth—and nothing but the
truth! —Richard De
Haan
Deceit at first may have its sweets,
But these are brief, decaying,
So speak the truth as God directs,
For all your words He's weighing! —Bosch
A lie is a coward's attempt to get out of trouble.
World Wide Web address: <
http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/>

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!