ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:09:26 -0700
Virgie,

There is some pretty complex theology, or so it would seem, related to such
an issue of suffering among animals and children, and even adults, for that
matter.  The truth is rooted in what happened to the human race, and the
earth, when Adam sinned.  His act of sin, along with that of Eve's sin,
plunged the earth into a perpetual state of Godlessness.  Because of their
sin, we all are born sinners and live in a world of sin.  Adam, in a manner
of speaking, deeded the earth over to Satan.  Before sin, there was no
death, no suffering, no pain, and no sorrow.  We could blame Adam but Satan
gets the real blame because he is responsible for all the pain and suffering
in the world.

Phil.