ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:13:50 -0700
Well folks,

I went to see Jenna today.  I remembered to take the things in the small bag
that came with Victor, but you know what?  I didn't need to; they were fake,
and they belong to Victor! Haha!  She gave me a big box, maybe about 18
inches long, 10 inches wide and 8 inches deep.  It contains the two
processors and alternative ear-hook sizes and something that goes around
your ear so it fits snugly.  Other items include disposable and rechargeable
batteries and recharger with adapter, a supply of microphone covers,
accessories that you can plug into sound sources like TV and portable CD
player, a dry-&-store container that has a crystal, a place for the
processor without the batteries, and a long light bulb that takes the
moisture out of the system.  She recommended that I put my hearing aid in
there also.  Of course, there are reading materials, along with a DVD, that
are useful, but we don't know yet if there is anything like a manual in
Braille format; she'll find out.  If not, maybe we can find it online, like
I have for other products.  If not that, maybe they can scan something and
send it via email.

At first, I handled things gingerly as I learned to unattach and reattach
parts.  She encouraged me by saying that the products are sturdy.  I guess
they have to be, for kids to use them.  I'm still uncomfortable about
pulling some things out, like the batteries, for fear that they'll fly! :)
some of the parts are hard to do, but I'll probably get good at it with
practice and maybe some finger-strength training.  There is a keychain with
a small container where you can store extra batteries, but we both have a
hard time opening it, so I doubt if I'll use it.

It sure helps when you can learn things hands-on, doesn't it?  I'll have the
second half of the waiting period to play around with these things.

Now on to the big day!

I have something to share with you.  Please visit:

http://www.mypowermall.net/cgi-bin/pd/pd.cgi?showmpmcard=11980317920.43402099609375.card

Sharon