ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:15:27 +0100
Hi to all,

You may be wondering what's happened about the wedding at which I told you I
had been asked to play, so here's an update and another thanks for such
loving advice given when I mentioned this a couple of weeks back.

With some reluctance and sadness, I finally pulled out last week.  There
were many stressful points associated with the wedding which outweighed
everything else and, at this present time, I knew I shouldn't handle that
kind of stress.  The problems mounted and included my inability to practise
due to arthritis in my right hand, some "cold turkey" symptoms as I had to
come off various meds and associated depression, together with a continuing
lack of sleep and an inability therefore to cope with going out alone to
choose something to wear.

I would be glad of your prayers for my health situation.  The position with
my continued lack of sleep becomes once again very much more critical, since
no medication has solved the problem but has merely produced its own side
effects, including a lot of depression and some very poor concentration and,
indeed, failure to recall many day to day matters and words I have needed to
use.  My Christian GP is at a loss to help me further.

To end this, here's a couple of notes for real praise.  First, Mike and Roxy
were involved in an incident involving the bus on which they travelled this
morning.  They were both shaken and Roxy was quite physically sick on
arrival at work;  but they now seem fine.  (As Mike left the house today I
found myself praying specifically about their safety . . ..  I wonder why!
<SMILE>)

Finally, it's our 13th wedding anniversary today and I must get off this
computer now to cook his favourite food.  (Oh, did I hear him at the door
already???  Yes, yes, yes I did!)

Love to all:

--
Carol