ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:46:34 -0600
Phil,

Um. One needs to have hair to have the gold flakes fall out. You might
check to see your bird didn't get out and is flying around dropping things
of his own on you??? hahahahaha. When we lived in Texas, our associate
pastor, one of the godliest men I know of, just a real nice guy but also
so committed to letting God be Lord of his life. This man lost his wife to
cancer after praying and fighting it for four years, and finally he got to
a point of just having done all he knew to do besides prayer, you know all
the things one would see as wisdom, and finally we had a church service
totally dedicated to prayer and  his giving the entire situation to god.
Of course it always was but as I said, all things of wisdom now exhausted
and nothing left to do but watch for god's hand. Then she up and died
anyhow. I had met with him a couple times regarding healing and such, and
he said no matter what we do and pray, god is sovereign. I can't imagine
the hope that was dashed in him as he did all he could, took all his faith
he had and lifted it to god for a miracle, then to not understand why and
continue his work for god without fail. We sure are an impatient bunch,
always wanting to know why and want things fixed according to what we
believe is right.

brad