ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 14:41:41 -0500
	Wow!  What a morning we had at church.  Let's see, where to
begin.  Okay, first, of all, it would be helpful for you  to know
that we have been meeting in our fellowship hall, or room, or
whatever you want to call it, during the winter months to help cut
down on the fuel bill.  This means that, instead of staugy  old pews,
we have chairs that can be moved around.  I should know, the kids and
I set them up on Saturday.  We don't leave them out because the place
is used for other ministry during the week.  Anyway, there we were
having a good old time, like you should have when you go to church.
	Greg has been doing a sermon series on evangelism.  Today's topic
was based on Acts 2:42-47 in which the behavior of the early church
was described.  He was talking about how we need to love each other
and care for one another to show the world what the true church
should be.  Well, right there, in the middle of the sermon, an
elderly lady collapsed.  The phone was hanging on the wall  right
near  where Greg was standing, so he just picked up the phone and
called 9 1 1. while other people moved the chairs and those who had
medical knowledge began to attend to her while the rest of us stood
around praying.  We had visitors today too.  They told Greg
afterwards that they really liked the service.  Hmmm, if they come
back, I hope they won't be expecting a repeat.
	The ambulance came and took her to the hospital.  Greg has already
talked to some family members who told him that she is doing
better.  I guess  that she has heart and kidney problems and she took
a pretty strong pain med. this morning before church.  If she had
stayed home today, she would have been alone and may not have been
found for hours.  At one point, she said, "Oh, I shouldn't have
come."  Everybody was saying, "No!  It's a good thing you're
here!  You're being cared for immediately both physically and spiritually."
	Just another day in the life of a pastor here in Maine!
God bless,
Kathy

P.S.
Still no word from Chris.