ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 07:00:22 -0600
Kathy,

I've been to Michigan several times, including in the middle of winter, and
if not for your parents, it is hard to believe you would be homesick, haw.
Man, I thought Iowa was cold growing up as a kid.  Of course, maybe I think
that because we had no heat upstairs and my bedroom was upstairs.  Michigan
is about the coldest place I've ever been except for a town here in Colorado
that is at about 8,000 feet.  Anyhow, there was a period of time I talked to
my on the phone every day from 30 minutes to an hour.  She had remarried and
my step dad was a jerk.  Mom lived right here in Denver so I saw her often,
too.  After her first big stroke when she was about 73 years old, my step
dad isolated her from her family so much, I didn't get to talk to her as
much.  My mom knew how to pray, though, and my sisters and I were always
calling her, even after her stroke, to pray about things so it often happens
that I'll think, I wish I could call mom about this.

Phil.