ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:46:19 +0100
Julie,

Be sure that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you adjust
to being without Lear.  God was so good to me when I retired
Fabian about a year ago.  I have never been able to keep any of
my dogs until this time around; but nevertheless, because I knew
I wouldn't have another complete training with a dog myself
because of my health, it was very painful after having guide dogs
for 35 years.  I therefore asked the Lord what He wanted me to do
about it and He gave me a date.  We had a special party and only
Fabian's human friends got invites.  We stuck up a notice on the
front door which read: "it's my party and I'll bark if I want
to", together with a picture of the big man!  Of course, the
humans ate the food but he got lots of attention and pictures
taken.  He's ageing now and his arthritis is bad.  I hate leaving
him home as much as he doesn't like staying, so I take him out
socially as often as I can and he has Roxy home in the evenings
to keep him as young and lively as possible.  He still plays with
her, even if she has to do all the work.

I just wanted to tell you how wonderful God was in all my
arrangements at that time.

God bless and keep you safe as you have to get out and about on
your own for the moment anyway.

Love in Him:

Carol