ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doris and Chris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2011 00:37:36 -0400
I stumbled on this while looking for free Bible
programs in general. I had actually been looking
for a Catholic  Bible program for some time but
had not found anything that was accessible.

the program I found is named "Vulsearch" adn is
free and open source and available from

http://vulsearch.sourceforge.net/

The older 3.2 version of the program is very accessible and easy to use.

As the name suggests, the program allows
searching of the Latin Vulgate bible and while
this might not be for everyone, the accompanying
English  Bible should be. As with many free Bible
programs, only a public domain translation is
available, i.e. the Douay­Rheims . This is still
a good and solid translation even if not as
readable as some of the newer ones. I wish the
rSV Bible had been used but this is not
available. The Bibles come with all 73 books of the Catholic Canon.

I hope this might be useful to some especially
for offline reading and study of the Word.

God bless,

Doris