ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 15:41:04 +0100
Yep, Rhonda, I sure do!  Oh, and don't they want to come up and bang you
down again just when you're not expecting it!  Last week I had a very
familiar situation at church rear its head once again.  I was asked to take
part in a "fun day", but just to sit in the coffee lounge with Mike and
welcome any visitors that came our way . . ..  Well, two totally blind
people sitting around in a corner, probably alone most of the time, hoping
they'd know if visitors walked in . . . wasn't quite my idea of how to do
things!  Well, the result was wonderful!  We all dug ourselves a little out
of that one (with God) and I found myself, on the spur of the moment, taking
over someone's piano they were using to lead the singers outside and I sang
for most of two hours.  Mike's guitar was well used too in various areas
throughout the church buildings, both to help the youngsters and to aid our
singing group.  I think people had long forgotten I once used to sing and
play here, though that's probably not their fault in view of the fact that
I've been unable to sing solo now for 9-10 years.  I am now able to sing in
a group and keep going for quite a while so have to learn to live in this
new situation.

No, that wasn't really what came out of it all last week but only a part.
The main thrust had to do with God's changing me and teaching me how to get
my anger dealt with without sinning.  (That could be quite a good subject
for discussion!)

Love to you all:

--
Carol