ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Schwery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:42:13 -0600
Paul, I don't think Corelle is plastic, but, rather, glass, but you're
right, it doesn't hold heat.  The best oven mitt I have seen is the Ove
Glove.  There is something about the material in those things that
withstands heat.  It is a very flexible glove so handling anything is
easy.  In their advertising, they show people grabbing hot light bulbs to
change them.

At 05:32 PM 12/28/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey, Family
>
>I just made a cooking discovery that might help some of you, too.  I have
>always gotten frustrated because by the time I finish cooking one thing,
>something else has gotten cold.  By the time I put the whole meal together
>I've got to reheat everything in the microwave.  My dishware was Corelle
>which is supposedly indestructible plastic, but I managed to break it.
>
>Anyway, a friend gave me a set of Pfaltzgraff stoneware (ceramic china) for
>Christmas.  The neat thing about ceramic is that you can put it into the
>oven.  I just cooked pork chops (on a baking sheet) and thought one of them
>was a bit underdone so I put the dish back into the still warm oven.  Not
>only did it finish cooking the pork chop (which was really fully cooked
>anyway, I later realized) a little more but kept it nice and warm for 20
>minutes when I had to answer the phone.
>
>So if you have that same kind of problem you should try using stoneware
>(ceramic china).  Some warnings, though, be sure to use mitts when taking
>the plate out of the oven.  The same thing that makes it work to keep the
>food warm means the plate will be hot when you take it out.  Also, they warn
>you not to put the hot plate on a wet surface or the plate may crack.
>
>Warm belly Lion

John

Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. --
Josh Billings<*>