ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0500
Ned,

Shelly, your driver, is fortunate to have stumbled across your path, in
fact I doubt it was any accident at all and part of God's calling her to
him through a gentle yet strong example as yourself. I feel compassion for
her in her situation, it must be very difficult. A time of brokenness,  yet
a time of strength building. I pray for her now to rely on God to carry her
through, use the wisdom of others like yourself around her and also  find
comfort in those compassionate towards her situation.

Brad

Ned Benton wrote:
>Thanks, Kathy, for that reminder from Proverbs.  Certainly, I want to be
>able to pay the bills but I don't want ever to have money or things separate
>me from the Lord.  OFten, I pray that the Lord will not give me all I want
>if it will hinder our relationship.
>
>I am asking Him right now to provide for me again.  My new driver of four
>weeks, is having a lot of personal problems and may not be able to continue.
>My greatest concern is for her.  I know that God will take care of me: He
>will provide for my needs.  He has done that many times already.  In fact,
>He gave me this driver when I was in a bind.
>Please pray for Shelley, my driver.  Her life is a mess.  She is separated
>from her husband and trying to get a divorce.  She has two children, ages 10
>and 6 years old.  The older is a boy, the other a little girl. Shelley has
>been in church most of her life but I don't think she has ever really had a
>relationship with the Lord.  I believe that God is working with her and on
>her to bring her to Him.  She has had first one problem then another since
>she came four weeks ago. We have not worked this week because her car is
>bearly running and she doesn't have money to do anything with it.  She went
>down to Florida a week ago to bring her children up here wit her.  She has
>no one to stay with them, she cannot afford child care, she can't get any
>help because she is not yet a resident.  My neighbor is a mechanic and is
>going to check out her car for me today. Pray with me that the problem is a
>small and simple to fix one.  Pray too that Shelley will come to really know
>the Lord through this situation.  It is a teaching opportunity.  Pray for me
>that I will be available to the use of God's Spirit and follow his leading.
>
>Thank you all for being my family and so faithful listen and pray for and
>with me.  God certainly blessed me to find E-church some 10 years ago.  I
>feel a real kinship with you like none other that I have had via the
>internet.  Praise God that you have been there for me in hard times and in
>good times.  Thank you, Phil and Vicky for you labor of love to get this
>going.
>God bless you all and may we all together praise Him!
>
>Thankful that I know Him,
>
>Ned

Brad

   If you're not living where you are, you're not living at all