ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:54:27 -0500
John,

That was my thought, salvation doesn't equate forgiveness of trespasses,
at least in this context. Therefore indeed, our lack of forgiving,
produces our trespasses to not be dealt with. Granted, scripture is
interpreted by scripture. That is verses are taken first in context, and
also flavored  by the intent of  other scripture and not strictly by the
printed word. However, the  statement Jesus made of forgiving others or
our issues won't be forgiven, is pretty blatantly straightforward. So for
it to be true, salvation mustn't be applied in this flavor of trespass or
else it either makes Jesus a liar or other parts of scripture
contradictory. The Word is kind of like a bobsled at times. We begin our
trek down the middle of the runway, and as the Word guides us as the walls
of the bobsled chute, we are pushed in a direction and when we read
another precept that pushes back to God's will in another area, it is
again like riding the wall of another turn in the runway. The only
difference is, it is the runway, or God's Word that is actually straight,
and it is our path that zig zags about as we tend to bobble about in life.

Brad