ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 06:42:56 -0500
Vicki,
I know just how embarrassing those things can be.
I remember in 1982 my wife and I had gone to a church in Rome, Georgia where
we were speaking and singing for a home coming. We had stayed with the
preacher and his wife the year before.  The preacher had built the house and
they moved in before all the finishing touches were put on.  Joyce, his
wife, in sympathy for me had put us in the master bedroom because it had
it's own bathroom.  I assured her that there was no need for that.  Well, we
went upstairs and unloaded our stuff in their bedroom.  Being quite
independant and self-sufficient, I didn't go to the bathroom in the bedroom
but went out into the hallway to go to the other bathroom.  You know how we
are.  We operate many times on automatic pilot.  I had been to the bathroom
before but the year before we had been in a bedroom at the other end of the
hallway.  In stead of taking a right turn to the bathroom, I took a left
turn.  Well, that was the way I remembered it without giving it much
thought.  Remember, I said they moved in before all the finishing touches
had been added.  One of those was a banaster along the hallway over the
stairs.  Right! I stepped off the 2nd floor and arrived at the bottom of the
stairs at the speed of life.  (grin)  Praise God!  All I got out of that was
a very badly sprained ankle.

Ned