ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 07:53:56 -0500
Brad,
Are you saying that I wasn't subtle enough?  Well, imagine that!  And I
thought that I was the epitome of tact.  GRIN!  I guess that I'll have to
work on my approach a little more.

You know Brad, altar calls are a controversial thing.  We don't have them
very often either.  I have no clue if our reasons are anywhere near what
your present pastor's reasons are, but I"m not sure that that point, at
least, is necessarily a bad thing.  As far as the breast cancer thing,
well, there are people who interpret scripture that way:  John 9, for
example and 2 Corinthians 12:7-10.  I think that you're being stretched
Brad to examine your positions?  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  I can
understand wanting to leave, because disagreeing is uncomfortable, but be
sure to play with it and get all the growth out of it you can.

As for the animal sacrifices, maybe they just need a better barbicue
pit!  Maybe, if you donated one as a going away present, they'd
reconsider.  GRIN!
Kathy, who is running from Brads outstretched barbicue skewer, even as she
types!!