ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 17:34:39 -0500
Rhonda1,

Hmm I was going to address you as Rhonda P but realized that wouldn't do
either haha. Anyway the Proverbs regarding safety and protection seem to
deal with wisdom, and not being outright foolish to buck God's
word.  Those who snub him thinking they don't have to listen, he'll laugh
at their calamity... I would not want to be in those shoes. But yes it is
curious what exactly is he saying about being safe, no harm, shielded and
etc. It is worth a longer closer look. I know many sort of flippantly say
just  believe and you'll be safe  no harm comes to you. but I think the
story may change when they find trouble, yet the word does say  to be
faithful and upright and blameless. I guess we are all of that by being
believers. But are we too flippant about our believe as well?  Do we tend
to let our modern culture to shove god in the back seat? Do you think he
is satisfied back there and would he give protection if we purposely
shoved him back there. Perhaps we in deed would live a more safe and
shielded life if we  did in fact treat the word and relationship with God
as our founding spiritual fathers had. Not that I agree in their tactics
or belief in any way, but if you look at the dedication, the willingness,
the faithfulness and boldness of the fundamentalist Muslim's creating news
today, that takes believe to a much larger level than we see many times in
Christianity. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not talking at all about
what they do, or danger they put themselves in and the like, I'm strictly
talking about the head over heals belief structure that allows nothing to
get in it's way and the reverent honor given to their  personage they call
god. Perhaps there would indeed be a difference in what harm may be avoid
compared to where, at least, I am in relationship with God. It is all very
curious and worth looking more into it via other scripture. It is easy to
just blow it off as a way to not get near the fact we are experiencing
harm at times, and what reason that might be. but I'm the type that would
just like to know, even if it hurts to know *smile*.

Brad