ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:50:33 -0600
I like the way our church handles offerings.
They just have an offering box at the back of the church where you can leave
what you want.
No publicly circulated plate at a given time so that you feel obligated.
There is usually some special need which arises ever once in a while and
since we are getting to know the families in our church more and more it is
easier to know when to give more.
Recently we had a family who had a fire in part of their business and we
gave money and ear marked it for that family.  Before that there was a
family who had a house fire.  Fire seems to be the main tragedy which leave
people in real need here.
Our church seems quite wealthy or at least able to stand on it's own but
still, we have decided an amount to give and a given date to put it in the
box so that we don't fall behind.  I do not believe in giving to churches
you visit but that doesn't come up much.

Matt

We marry according to our emotional health.
Health marries health and unhealthy marries unhealthy.