ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2013 19:11:01 -0400
I think some see God as far off, unapproachable, or if one can approach Him
it has to bedone in a certain way. Maybe, some just don't really truly
believe God loves them. I feel loved, and so I want to share what I feel,
what I think, what I experience with God because I love Him in return. He
knows all my imperfections, every mistake I've made, and yet, He loves me,
sees value in me; isn't that what we all long for? Really long for, to be
loved in spite of our imperfections, to be found worth loving. I think we've
made prayer harder than it should be, I tell God how I feel, I'm angry, I'm
hurt,  and He helps me.
I used to go to a church where if you ever showed you were sad, admitted you
were hurting, or having problems with your marriage or children, job, or
friends, the stock answer was :"well, you must not be trusting God, if you
were being the kind of wife you should be, then......" and so it went, the
place was full of hurting people who stood to sing God's praise and then
went home to cry in secret. I know, that's what I did.

Rhonda