ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:13:27 -0400
Hey, Family

As you know, we're studying "The Purpose-Driven Life" in our church.  (By
the way, there doesn't seem to be much interest on my rewriting the study
questions here after the note I sent on Chapter 1 so I won't do the rest.
But if some of you would like me to continue please let me know.)

Anyway, as part of my study (when I first read it) I came up with my Life's
mission statement:  "Meet the Master is the Message, and the Message is my
Mission."  but I have been frustrated because I can't really tell folks
about JESUS directly in my current job (except for those times I preach).
So I prayed about more guidance and came up with part 2:  How do I do part 1
of my mission?  By "supplying the shepherds who serve the sheep in the Name
of the Great Shepherd of the Sheep."  Today, the chapel service by one of
the chaplains here as a student for one of the courses I'm running preached
on exactly that.  Then, afterward, when I thanked him for it and explained
my whole story, he brings a copy of "The Purpose-Driven Life" from out under
his chair!!  (He hadn't mentioned it at all in his sermon.)  We both laughed
and I said "If that isn't confirmation, I don't know what is!"

So my whole mission statement (for this time in my life, anyway) is:  "Meet
the Master is the Message and the Message is my Mission...supplying the
shepherds who serve the sheep in the Name of the Great Shepherd of the
Sheep!"

Try saying that ten times fast!  Grin.

As further confirmation, today was the best time I've had all this first
week of those two courses.  Although my boss took credit for it, we had the
part I had planned and looked forward to the most, chaplains coming in from
having sent other chaplains to Iraq and chaplains from Iraq coming in and
explaining what has been going on there.  It was a very informative and
moving time and you could actually feel the Presence of the LORD as they
explained their ministry to soldiers and fellow chaplains, and how other
chaplains and the LORD have ministered to them all through those tough
times.  It was a very satisfying feeling to have put all that together and
be involved as part if it.

Paul