ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chris & Doris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 2009 23:52:55 -0400
the movie "the Temptation of Christ" was based on a novel and not the bible.

I actually saw the movie in the late 1980's with my church group and
it wasn't half as bad as its reputation. However, for nonbelievers it
may have been misleading. In it,the last teptation of Christ is a
vision he has in which he leads a normal life and is married to Mary
Magdalene. I can't find fault with Jesus thinking about or even
longing to be married. He was, after all, also totally human.

But, no,Jesus wasn't married to Mary Magdalene or anyone else for all
we know from Scripture.

Would it have made a difference though if Christ had been married?

god Bless,

Doris