ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:52:48 -0600
Hi all!

Just thought I'd write a bit about my new place.  I like it much better than
where I was before.  Much quieter, though they do watch TV or play music.
All of us are high-functioning women, Gracie, whom I met at Daybreak, and
San Juana, who was going to another day treatment center, but is now wanting
to go with us, the last I've heard.  San Juana likes to joke around and
tickle you, and the other will laugh with us.  Both the husband, Virgil, and
wife, Tabbitha, are fun, friendly and supportive.  We live in an upscale
house, and the care providers do all the housework.  We girls like to go
shopping on weekends, and I think there is more freedom for the providers to
take us some places we want to go.  For instance, they allowed me to stay
with them today so I could set up my email.  I just had to go to town with
them, but it was fun.  Tabbitha took me into town again to try to get
another adapter, or another phone, so I can have a working amplifier.

Another thing I like is that there are rugs laid out so that I can follow
them like sidewalks!  Virgil often plays trumpet, and I can sometimes hear
him.

San Juana loves to dance, and she says she'll teach me and help me find
dancing clothes at the second hand store she likes to visit.  I don't know
her well, so I'm not quite sure how reliable she is in following through
with her offers, but I hope to learn dance steps and more Spanish.  I've
also learned some Rumanian greetings, and hope to learn more of that
language too.

All of us seem to be Christian.  The Iovu's, (the providers' last name), go
to a Pentecostal Rumanian church.  I went with Tabbita the first Sunday
night, to see what it's like, the music and all.  Too bad they don't speak
English, or I speak Rumanian, or I'd continue to go with them!  they have a
mixture of their native music and our music.  But I only recognized one
song: "Drinking from the Springs of living waters."

Well, I think I'll stop for now; I want to go to bed early, and get up early
to work on music.

Have a great Easter weekend!

I have something exciting to share with you.  Please stop by for a visit!

http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/52721

Sharon