ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:05:55 -0400
Okay Moderators,
        I realize that this question is way off topic, so please excuse me.  I
know that we have two piano tuners though and a lot of musicians on the
list, so I thought that I might get a good answer to my question here.
        We have a real piano, not an electric keyboard and it is suffering from
the humidity.  This is the first summer that I've ever owned a piano, so
maybe this is normal, but I'm having a real problem with the keys
sticking.  The piano itself is about 35 years old.  Is there anything I can
do to protect it or anything that I can apply to the hammers to keep the
keys from sticking?  ?Air conditioning is not an option.  In maine, you
would only use it about ten days out of the year so we don't have
one.  Feel free to write off list.
Kathy