ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:53:35 -0600
Phil,

Can you give me the address for both the church and the chief? There is one
way to put an end to "third party" comments. I'll outright ask for the
person who George talked to, if George doesn't mind that is not say his
name, I'll do nothing until or if there's word he  doesn't mind, if he
does, I'll not, and why they didn't at least give a reference to help an
out of state/town  family with a terminally ill child. As well perhaps if
god desired for chief to help out George and his family, then perhaps he
would like someone to tell him so. Time for some action to be taken to find
answers and not just speculative talk.  There is a balance of right and
wrong, even in the church. We here in Wisconsin have a media brawl between
churches who support and invite homo-sexuals saying those Christians who
say homosexuality isn't OK are twisting scripture, and then there are those
trying to uphold what God wrote. So I'm sorry, this bride we talk of in the
name of Christian church is not lilly white nor absolved from being
corrected where it is obvious. Thinking so is dangerous. As well tearing it
down from within is as well, which is not what we are trying to do. I think
we are frustrated on both ends of the pulpit and out it comes on this
little list based on our own caring and willingness to do what we can with
the resources we have as individuals. What happened to faithful are the
wounds of a friend and deceitful are the kisses of an enemy we just talked
about? We are not kissing the church, and yet not beating it to a pulp
either.   I just keep seeing the Scripture...

James 2:14-18
14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no
deeds? Can such faith save him? 15 Suppose a brother or sister is without
clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well;
keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what
good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied
by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.
NIV

Brad