ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:16:08 -0600
The below short article isn't staggering, but to me it says "Let's get
people use to using a fingerprint for identification and purchasing before
we introduce the chip". My son, who works for Coke said something about an
account thta wanted him to do a fingerprint ID which he said no. I'll have
to ask him about it again... if I ever see him loll.

Brad

Report Indicates Biometrics As The Next Shopping Convenience

Purchasing groceries at the touch of a finger is closer than many consumers
realize, according to research touting the benefits of biometric payment,
according
to Fortune Magazine.

The report, by Sanford Bernstein analyst Emme Kozloff, found that
"electronic wallets" reduces the potential for fraud and identity theft,
speeds up the
checkout process, and most importantly, lowers transaction processing fees
for retailers, improving their bottom line. Already in use at supermarket
chains,
biometric systems are just one of several emerging payment technologies
that retailers are currently experimenting with. Others include self-checkout,
contactless cards like J.P Morgan Chase's "blink," and so-called "near
field communication," which involves waving your cell phone near a reader.

To set up a biometric account, customers scan their fingerprint at an
in-store kiosk, enter their phone number, and then submit checking and
credit card
account information. To make a purchase, they place their finger on a
scanner at the register, enter their phone number, and choose how they want
to pay
(credit, debit, or checking.)

Brad

   A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing