ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:43:53 -0600
Lelia,

After the nurse showed me everything and explained all the equipment to me,
I asked her if it was even possible for anybody to sleep under those
conditions.  She said that even just a little sleep gave them a very good
indication, plus all the other data gathered, of what was going on.  I asked
if I had to sleep on my back, which I flat out cannot do, for this to work.
She said, no.  You can sleep any way you like and they prefer you sleep as
you do at home.  I wanted to ask, How can you do that with all these wires
and belts and probes glued to your scull but I let it go.  I decided to
start holding my breath for as long as I can to see if I can freak out the
technician in the control room watching me sleep.  Won't that be fun?  Maybe
he will come running in, pounding on my chest, or maybe he will hook me up
to a shock machine to try and shock me back into breathing.  Say, there's an
idea.  Maybe I'll just die on them and give them a thrill they can talk
about for years to come.

Phil.