ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:32:00 -0600
Kathy,

I don't think we can forget.  We can, on the other hand, forgive, and if
there is genuine repentence for the lack of forgiveness on our behalf, the
the forgiveness works.  Forgetting is God's job, not ours, because I don't
think we can forget.

I have at least two times, in the last couple of years, found myself in a
situation that I needed to forgive.  In one case, it was multipled, that is,
there were too many places to try and isolate.  I prayed, asking the Lord
what to do, and He said, Forgive them collecti vely and then live as though
they were forgiven.  Never use those situations against them again.  I
prayed and did what He said.

In the other case, it was a source of definite eructation.  Money was also
involved.  The Lord said, forgive him and never bring it up to him again.  I
did so but in both cases, I haven't forgotten but I did forgive.

Phil.