ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:51:57 -0700
Our daughter was given permission to stay enrolled with the church ministry
drug rehab program instead of being sent to prison for now.  The county
where she was arrested and sentenced, however, is requiring that she come in
once or twice a week, as they dictate, and take a urine test.  They wouldn't
have required this but the church ministry takes no government funding or
state funding plus they do no U A testing since they assign someone to each
person that is new and they are never allowed to be alone.  So we praise the
Lord for the decision to allow her to stay.  The stress that built up over
this one thing the last week or so has been impossible to describe.  It
finally came to me yesterday as I thought, or someone impressed their
thoughts upon my thoughts, what are you going to do if she goes to prison?
Finally I heard my own spirit replying softly and saying, Jesus will still
be Lord if she goes to prison.  Then came the thought, And what about her
children if she goes to prison?  My spirit immediately said, Jesus will
still be Lord.  I know this sort of response sounds trite or even
superficial but this response is totally new to me as someone who has walked
with the Lord for 47 years.  I was always taught to live by rule and
regulation and that performance superceded experience and circumstances.  It
has only been in the last two years, actually more like the passed 18
months, that my entire Christian life and relationship with the Lord has
begun to shift into an area of spirituality I never knew existed.  Thus,
Lordship is new to me.  I would bet, if I was a betting Baptist, that I have
not only heard more sermons and Bible lessons on Lordship than anybody on
this list, but I bet I have preached on the topic of Lordship more than
anybody on this list, too.  I know very little about it now but I knew
nothing about it then.  I thought, I hear someone saying, that happened when
you were born again, that is, we make Jesus the Lord of our life.  Yep,
that's right.  I am learning now, however, just how much of my life the Lord
does not yet have.  Thanks for all your prayers.

Phil.