ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 14:34:26 -0700
I read this the other day and almost started laughing.  Here are Peter and
John, two old Charismatic tongue talking buddies, heading over to church,
sort of speak, to pray.  It is their answer to the lame man I found amazing.
"Gold and silver have I none."  What kind of a Charismatic confession is
that?  I mean, that isn't faith and confession the way I've heard it.  Yet,
there it is, big as life.  Peter confessing they didn't have a penny to
their name.  What they did have, however, they sure enough gave, praise God,
and the man began leaping and walking and praising God.  boy, there is so
much in this passage to preach from, you could preach for weeks on it but
that one stuck out like a sore thumb the other day when I read it.

Phil.