ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2018 19:24:35 -0600
Some of you on the list were aware of our youngest son, we call him big Everett because we have 3 Everetts in the family, and his life style of drug usage and drug dealing over the last few years.  Big Everett is 35 and his wife left him a few years ago which assisted in   perpetuating his drug use.  The last couple of years, he has been working in security at bars and clubs.  As of this time, he is not working in bars any longer so that is a good start.

Sunday last, in the afternoon, big Everett called Sandy and I and asked if we would come over and pray with him and his family.  He had invited two other close friends of the family to come as well.  Big Everett spoke for about 30 minutes before we prayed and explained what he had been doing with the drugs since his first surgery on his feet due to broken bones as a result of Karate kicks.  He has also had back problems for years but so far has not had any back surgery.  The pain killer prescription drugs started after his first foot surgery a dozen years ago and just got worse as time went on.  His divorce overwhelmed him because his wife was discovered having affairs with multiple men over a 5 year period.  The evil seeds of failure are easily planted in our lives due to traumatic experiences such as the death of a loved one, divorce, the loss of good health, and many other such life experiences.  Part of big Everett’s testimony was his attempt of suicide with his gun.  The hammer fell but the gun didn’t fire.  Experiences like this, creates overwhelming guilt.  Additionally, he began stealing things, including money, from people or borrowing large sums of money and not repaying it.  This all is the tip of the iceberg but we are rejoicing with him that he now has stopped using drugs, as of several weeks ago, gone for help at a drug rehab type clinic, and most important, confessed his sin and asked for help.  Your prayers worked and please continue to lift his name up in prayer when you think about it.

Phil.