ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:25:56 -0600
This newsletter, by the way, for those of you on echurch, is being mailed
out to friends and family and relatives.  Along with the newsletter is my
testimony called I Flew Kites With Jesus.  I had both the newsletter and
booklet put into print by a Christian lady who is a small publisher in
Nebraska.  The proof reading of the newsletter and booklet was done by three
people before it was professionally printed.  The cover of the booklet has
two red kites flying in the air with background scenes.  I also mail my
brochure which explains what I do in prayer sessions and my business card
with this newsletter.  I gave the booklet to a 70 year old man I have known
for over 30 years.  He called me on the phone and almost came right out and
asked me to begin conducting prayer sessions with him.  He began telling me
things about his life that I never knew and he said he wanted to start
supporting the ministry.  He is an independent Baptist.  I am just now
starting to mail some of these out but I strongly felt the Lord telling me
to publish the booklet of my testimony of when I Flew Kites With Jesus.
Here's the first part of the newsletter now.

THE

                    COUNTERBALANCE NEWSLETTER

                               By

                          Phil Scovell

                               and

Safe Place Fellowship - SafePlaceFellowship.COM - Denver, Colorado

                            July 2004

2.  This is a one-time mailing unless you request otherwise.
3.  Yes:  I will be asking for money.
4.  No:  You don't have to give.
5.  If you are not a friend or relative, I was given your address.
6.  This is a Christian newsletter.
7.  The stories you read about in this newsletter are true.
8.  All newsletters are posted to read on my website.
9.  This won't be like any Christian newsletter you have read.
10.  Like salvation, the newsletter is always free.

                        Table of Contents

An Open Letter From Phil Scovell
Chief Shepherd Prayer Ministries
The Room Of Light - A Woman With 23 Personalities Is Healed
What Are Demons Anyway
Can A Christian Be Demon Possessed?
Coil Of The Snake - A Christian Novel By Phil Scovell
Safe Place Fellowship
WWW.SafePlaceFellowship.COM - The Website Of Testimonies
EChurch-USA - An Internet Mailing List
The Counterbalance Newsletter
Prayer Requests
The Lord's Baseball Game
 An Open Letter From Phil Scovell

     About two years ago, my life came to a screeching halt.  I
turned 50 and soon lost my job and that was just the beginning.
I don't mind telling you, that when you are over 50 years of age,
and are totally blind, not to mention your education level is only
three years of seminary, finding a job is mighty unlikely.  So, I
did what everybody else normally does; I began to think the worst.

     By June 1, 2002, I was having nightmares, hearing voices,
having anxiety and panic attacks, and I literally thought I was
going to die.  In fact, I wanted to do exactly that.  I was too
big of a chicken to do it myself but I begged God to do it for me
because I wanted out of this life.

     When I was a kid, we called this:  "Having a nervous break
down."  Now, it is often diagnosed as PTSD, or Posttraumatic
Stress Disorder, or Manic Depressive Disorder, or any numbers of
other such labels.  No matter what it is called, it all boils down
to one simple thing: You are depressed.

     In some cases, depression is mild and requires no treatment
of any kind.  Go to bed, get a good night's rest, and in the
morning, you feel better.  In my case, it was so severe, and I was
so desperate, I wanted to be hospitalized and treated medically.

     One evening, I had my wife and youngest son drive me to the
emergency room.  I no longer wanted to be a burden on my family.
After three hours of waiting, I heard the Lord say to me, "Go and
leave this place."  We got up and walked out.  My life was about
to dramatically change in ways I could not comprehend.

     Within a month of nearly ending up in a mental health
facility, the Lord led me to a Christian man who was a licensed
Christian therapist.  Oddly enough, he was quitting traditional
psychological therapy to go full time into a ministry which was
totally Christian based.  After one hour in his office, I knew
this was what the Lord had called me to do.

     Within weeks, not years, my symptoms were gone.  I didn't
hear voices any longer.  I no longer wished to die.  I wasn't
afraid any longer and my nightmares vanished.

     Shortly after my mom's death in November of 2002, I felt the
Lord telling me to begin training related directly to a ministry
of intercessory prayer.  I took that training and in January of
2003, I began conducting private prayer sessions with people.  You
will be reading about my first real client the Lord gave me later
in this newsletter.

     The purpose of this letter is threefold.  First, I need
money.  In particular, I am in need of monthly donations.  I'll
explain why in a moment.  Secondly, I want you to meet some of the
people I pray with and read their amazing and miraculous
testimonies of healing and this newsletter will provide one avenue
of access to those people.  My website is the other way you can
read about and listen to these amazing testimonies of healing.
Thirdly, there will be valuable Biblical teaching in this
newsletter you likely won't find anywhere else.

                   Why I Need Monthly Support

     After many hours of prayer, I felt the Lord telling me that I
could not simply ask people to pay me.  Why not?  Many said I was
crazy for thinking this way.  Well, I knew what crazy was two
years ago and crazy I now was not.   Let me explain why I cannot
charge people.

     First, I am only praying with them.  Please read my enclosed
brochure so you will understand what I mean when I say I am
praying with people.  No, I am not a Christian Science
practitioner.  If you don't know what that is, don't worry about
it, since it is a cult anyhow.

     Secondly, nobody today, in need of this sort of help and
understanding by the church, has the money it takes to pay for
help.  Insurance, when going to a psychologist or psychiatrist,
or even to just a licensed counselor, will generally only pay for
eight sessions lasting one hour each.  That is, if you are
fortunate enough to have insurance coverage for psychological
counseling.  I spend at least two to three hours with people in
each session and sometimes more.  Sometimes we meet more than once
a week.  Sometimes I pray five days a week with a client.  If
these people were required to pay $75 to $150 an hour, they would
be unable to do so.

     thirdly, a man recently drove 65 miles to come to my office
to pray with me.  He had been on my website and read some of my
electronic books I have written and many of my personal
testimonies of emotional healing.  After just a few minutes of
praying and talking with this 46 year old man, one of his
alternate personalities came out and began talking to me.  When he
left my office, I cried.  I cried because this poor Christian man
has nobody who will believe in him and who doesn't think he is
crazy or mentally ill.  He was unable to afford any form of
payment.  So, should I have told him no because he was broke?
Should I turn people down because they cannot afford $100 an hour?
Should I say yes to only those who can afford it?

     The Lord has specifically called me to minister to sexually
abused women and people with Multiple Personality Disorders, which
is now being called DID for Dissociative Identity Disorder.  Few
people have the money it takes to reach wholeness of mind when
suffering such trauma.  Most psychologists will tell you that some
with DID, for example, or multiple personalities, will take years
of weekly treatment, not to mention a basket full of drugs you
will need to take every day, before you are half normal.  If they
were truthful, they would say that a DID case can never be normal
again.  This is a untrue and totally false.

     The first Multiple personality  case the Lord gave me to work
with, experienced total mind integration in just one year.  Only
about 60 actual hours of prayer time was needed.  I did nothing
but pray and let the Lord heal her woundedness and pain.  I
charged her nothing.  Sure, she gave me money; about $200 and
that comes out to about 33 cents an hour.  By the way, this woman
lives in England.  Sometimes she paid for the calls and sometimes
I did.  I paid about $100 of my own money on the long distance
bills.  That's right, about 99 percent of all the ministry prayer
work I do is over the telephone and now can be any place in the
world.  Plus, I do many hours a week of follow up with people via
the internet.

     I would love to tell you story after story of the wonderful
things the Lord has been doing in the lives of the clients whom He
brings to me but if I did, this newsletter would be a book instead
of a newsletter.  My request, on the other hand, is simple.  It is
true I am asking for money for myself but the greater truth is, if
I can't gain enough monthly support to maintain a normal case
load, I will simply have to stop ministry work and try and find a
job.  If I have to do that, I wonder who will care for these
hurting people besides a doctor who only prescribes medication for
the emotional pain these people are suffering?  Don't forget that
these are born again Christian people with whom I am praying.
"Oh, not Christians!  How could that be?"  Read the following
testimony and read the enclosed book of my own testimony and
you'll get your answer to that question.

     Although some may find this difficult to believe, I have been
called to this ministry by God.  He not only told me this more
than two years ago, once I began doing it, He told me that "This
is who you are now."  How can I do anything else since this is who
I am?  Some may say, "Well, if God called you, let Him pay the
bills."  Good point.  However, such was never His plan for His
church; The Body of Christ.  He has always worked through His
people.  That's why He is working through me to reach people who
cannot afford it.

     Any dollar amount will be greatly appreciated.  I even take
credit cards.  One person has me bill her credit card $50 on the
first of each month.  Others simply mail checks each month.

     Donations are not tax deductible.  Why?  I am not a nonprofit
organization.  Why not?  What I am doing is ministry related only.
I am not practicing medicine or psychology or psychiatry.  I don't
even need to be a license therapist.  The reason?  What I do is
ministry based.  Yes, I recommend people see a doctor if needed.
If I incorporate, on the other hand, or even attempt to become
licensed, I become subject to the state.  Working independently as
a ministry, I remain autonomous.  The last thing I want is the
government telling me how I can, and cannot, pray with people
concerning their personal problems.

     Please pray about supporting this ministry.  Yes, if you
give, you will be supporting me and my family.  More importantly,
you will be reaching those who cannot afford costly help from
what is considered the professionals.

Complete In Him,

Phil Scovell

                Chief Shepherd Prayer Ministries

     Chief Shepherd Prayer Ministries is what I call the
counseling ministry, although it isn't counseling at all.  Again,
to save space, please take time to read over the enclosed
brochure.  I believe it should answer most of your questions.

   The Room Of Light - A Woman With 23 Personalities Is Healed

Note.  I have been given permission by Carol to tell this story.

     A year ago last April, the Lord gave me my first sexually
abused, multiple personality client.  Carol lives in England with
her husband.  They are both blind.  Not all with whom I pray,
however, are blind, but this lady just so happens to be blind.

     Carol was born blind and was born prematurely at home and
nearly died the first few days of her life.  As she grew up, she
was sexually abused by her father and grandfather multiple times.
She was raped by a family friend at age six.

     In our eighth prayer session, and after spending just over a
total of 10 hours in prayer sessions to this point, I meant
Carol's first alternate personality.  In this session, I learn she
had some 23 alternate personalities which assisted her in
functioning in daily life.

     In at least two previous prayer sessions, the Lord showed
Carol a place He called The Room Of Light.  He furthermore
explained to her that this is where she would be some day.

     On April 6, 2004, after only about a total of 60 hours of
prayer times together, the Lord took all of her alternate
personalities into The Room Of Light.  Carol now has experienced
singleness of mind or what we refer to as integration of the mind.
She now lives a normal life after living nearly 55 years in
bondage to demons and the lies of the Enemy.

     You might find it interesting to note that Carol never knew
she had these alternate personalities until the day the first one
came out to talk with me as we prayed together.  No, alternate
personalities are not demons but demons can masquerade as
alternate personalities.

     Carol is now beginning her own ministry in England for people
just like her.  She will be using this intercessory prayer to
bring these hurting people to fullness in Christ.

Continued in next message.