ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:01:20 -0400
Hi, Phil,

As I read the portion of your post on colours, I recalled this
writing from another brother.  And I wonder whether those of you who
see colours have more spiritual insight into God, than those of us
who do not.  Just thinking out loud.  Smile

Helen

  I see believers as "colors" - lights of individuality - lights
collectively as in the whole of Christ...

Peter's word for the Body being broken (for you) and sent forth - indicating
Dispersion...  Each with a "measure of Christ" - coming forth from Him, at
differing angles and perspectives...
-------------

Truth on this "time level" seems to have Eternal Properties and
Implications.

Newton discovered the nature of light when he darkened his room and "made a
small hole in his shutter to let in a convenient quantity of the sun's light."
  This Appears that reduction can mean more....less of me and more of Him.

He passed this beam of sunlight through a prism. When the light came out of
the prism it was not white but was of seven different colours: Red, Orange,
Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet.
note:  I see the prism as Christ, through which his many
colours/members pass as one body of light.

Rev 4:1 "Come up here, <snip>:2-3
At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with
someone sitting on it. 3 And the One who sat there had the appearance of
jasper and carnelian. *A rainbow*, resembling an emerald, *encircled the
throne.*

and a direct correlation/collaboration with  the seven spirits of
God that comprise His complete and whole Spirit

The spreading into rays was called dispersion by Newton and he called the
different coloured rays the spectrum. He learnt that when the light rays
were passed again through a prism the rays turned back into white light.
Newton concluded that white light was made up of seven different coloured
rays. The rays were dispersed through the prism because the rays were
reflected at different angles.
  Note:   Peter's word for the Body being broken and sent forth -
  as in Dispersion...  Each with a "measure of Christ" - coming forth
from Him, at
differing angles and perspectives...

If only one ray was passed through the prism it would come out the same
colour as it went in. I see the prism as Christ by His Spirit.
  Note:  Appears one individual color/member can't reveal the full
Light who is Christ but when "complete" with others - the White
Light/Jesus may be seen!

Newton wondered whether the different colours of the spectrum traveled at
different speeds. He wrote to Flamstead to ask if when he observed an
eclipse whether the colour changed all at once or at different times.
Flamstead wrote back to him to say that the colours changed all at once.
  Note:  Col 4 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all
together in perfect unity.
That Christ might be seen!

Seems HouseChurching is the perfect setting - that various gifted "Colors"
might come together and declare by "being" - a display of Him - the
de-Light of the Light...  And then again that just may "be too simple" for a
complicated world..

Rev 22:4-5 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.
5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the
light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign
for ever and ever.

The temporal heavens declare His Eternal Glory...

You Are Gold

By Phil Scovell