ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:27:02 -0600
Good points Ronda.
We waited until we were ready to have kids and we still weren't really
ready.
I mean, we were ready to commit to it and we are doing well but it's not all
hearts and flowers like some folks think it will be.
There are times of discouragement, times of frustration and anger but of
course there are times of happiness, and good things too.
God designed marriage so that you have to work at it and when you do work at
it, the ebb and flow of things still goes up and down but if you surround
yourself with Christian people while you are working at it and you study the
word everyday things do get better the longer you are together.
We are experiencing this now.
Sex is better, our intimacy is better and our marriage is getting better
daily.
People on the outside looking in can foul things up for you by telling you
how wonderful your family is and how sweet your child is and all that.
I like those who just come out and tell you that they really appreciate your
family.
When they say things like, your child is so sweet or you guys are so good,
you tend to listen to the devil who is always in the mix saying, "Oh no
things aren't all that great, tell them the real story.  Tell them of the
discouraging feelings you have and the arguments you have and of how your
child acted at home this morning." but the truth is, you are a good family,
your child is a blessing from god and so is your marriage.  So they are
right.  You just have to keep everything in the proper perspective.
God has been good to me Howard.
haahaha

Matt

Parents should not need their children,