ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:20:00 -0400
I didn't intend you to laugh at my mistake.  I forgot to paste  the story in
the email.  Here it is.

>     An honest man was being tailgated by a stressed
out woman on a
busy
>     boulevard. Suddenly, the light turned yellow,
just in front of
him

>     He did the right thing, stopping at the
crosswalk, even though he
>could
>     have beaten the red light by accelerating
through the
intersection.

>     The tailgating woman hit the roof and the horn,
screaming in
>frustration
>     as she missed her chance to get through the
intersection. As she
was
>     still in mid-rant, she heard a tap on her window
and looked up
into
>the
>     face of a very serious police officer. The
officer ordered her to
exit
>     her car with her hands up. He took her to the
police station
where she
>     was searched, finger printed, photographed, and
placed in a
holding
>cell.
>
>     After a couple of hours, a policeman approached
the cell and
opened
>the
>     door. She was escorted back to the booking desk
where the
arresting
>officer
>     was waiting with her personal effects.
>
>     He said, "I'm very sorry for this mistake. You
see, I pulled up
behind
>     your car while you were blowing your horn,
flipping off the guy
in
>front
>     of you, and cussing a blue streak at him. I
noticed the 'Choose
Life'
>     license plate holder, the 'What Would Jesus Do?'
bumper sticker,
the
>     'Follow Me to Sunday-School' bumper sticker, and
the
chrome-plated