ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doris and Chris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:35:47 -0400
After  hearing people's praises of E-Sword 9.7.x, I finally took the
plunge and upgraded from my e-sword 8.06 to the current 9.7.2.

I got all my modules converted without a gliche but hwen I ran the
program, I found that it's accessibility had gotten a lot worse in
9.7.2 compared to 8.06.

I did not get very far at all. I found that my screenreader - jaws
for windows - would not speak the names of the tabs as I arrowed
across them to select the version I wanted. this had worked fine in
8.06. also, I did not find where to switch the tab layout from
multiple to single row as thelayout dialog was gone.

is any totally blind user on here and has gotten e-sword 9.7x to work
with their screeneader?I'd be intersted in any recommendations for
setup of e-sowrd.If there are anyjaws users successfully using
version 9.7.2,I'd appreciate it if you could email me a copy of your
esword.jcf file.I tried reclassing the tab controls and a couple
other controls but this di dnot help with the reading of the Bbible tabs .

I use e-sword with multiple Bible translations in order to be able to
compare them.

any help is much appreciated as would be Mr. rick Meyer's finally
giving more consideration and support to accessibility.

Thanks much and god Bless,

doris