ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:36:38 -0800
Hi, all.  Looks like things are progressing well with Mom.  Jen our
daughter went and visited her yesterday, and we came a few minutes
later.  Mom was happy to see us, but didn't emember that Jen had been
there.  Today she didn't remember we'd been there.  She's in great spirits
though, and very friendly, and her own charming self.  She seems to have
forgotten all about using the bathroom though.  She will need 24-hour,
seven-days-a-week care.  My brother and sister-in-law talked to a
casewoker, and there are a couple places that were suggested.  One is
roughly in the same area Mom lives in now.  They only take six people at a
time, and Mom would have her own private room, and would have staff there
to help her with her physical needs and to get her involved in simple
activities, which would hopefully keep her stimulated.  My sister-in-law is
going to look at some of these places tomorrow, and hopefully we can get
Mom in one before the end of the week.  Of course we'll still have to make
sure my aunt is settled.  I'm hoping she'll stay in the apartment where she
lived with my mom, since she's comfortable there.  Then we can still keep
an eye on her.

So that's the latest.  Will keep you posted.  Thanks for the prayers and
support.

Peggy

mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac