ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:10:36 -0700
this coming Wednesday, on March the seventeenth, Gretchen has to go see her
case officer.  This lady decides if Gretchen's gets to stay in this church
program or if she goes to prison instead.  Of course, Gretchen walked away
from the Salivation Army program after a week but this church ministry is a
million times better for her.  So we are just praying she gets to stay in
the church program and her case officer will agree.  We are all in agreement
about attending this church so it appears we have found a church home again.
By the way, for general information?  Forget about the Salivation Army drug
and alcohol rehab program.  There ain't nothing Christian about it any more.
They even make each and ever person sign up for food stamps.  Victory Out
Reach, where she is now, is a church of a good 300 core people.  80 percent
of the members were formers addicts or alcoholics.  Notice I said former and
not recovering.  They don't believe, God bless them, in recovering nothing.
You are either free or you ain't.  Finally, somebody got it right.

Phil.

I Flew Kites With Jesus
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com