ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:04:00 -0700
Good thoughts Brad.

Your thoughts here on music lead me off on to a slightly different, you know
the same only different, bunny trail.

I was just sitting here thinking about going to church tomorrow.  I love the
messages there, they are convicting.  I actually have to take notes.  I love
the music.  It's a big church.  I know a few folks as we were involved in
church previous.  There are other places to serve other than music.  Music
is my love.  keyboard people are a dime a dozen.  Have been in this church
attending reasonably faithfully Sunday after Sunday.  But can't find a place
to serve.  Thinking that if I had taken up a new instrument a year and a
half, well short of a month, that we started attending there, that I could
find a niche.  Part of the problem is a small platform which is not guide
dog accommodating.  But then I don't think it's the platform's accommodation
problem.  And for the time I've spent there, I don't know any other people.
But then, have I invited any of them to my house?  Well, I don't know anyone
other than our former church people well enough to ask, and I sure don't
want to hang out a sign.  So for now, if I am to continue there, I must
content myself, that I'm there to worship and praise the Lord and continue
to ask the Lord to show me a place of service.  At first I knew I was there
to rest and refresh.  But now???  I must admit, the temptation for tomorrow
, is to go to the water aerobics class at the gym in the morning.  Our
common element would be the water.  I've got it.  I could be water baptized.
No.  I don't think that's quite it.  Depending on how aerobically I am
challenged I could be water logged rather than water baptized.

Vicki

.  Well enough of that.  Just some thoughts around, very much on the edge of
what we are talking about here.