ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 22:08:39 -0400
Hi, have a question for all you visually impaired or blind parents with
sighted teens:
Ben and I bought Christa a car, a 200 Kooger about a year ago.  We have
payed the insurance until Ben started r3eceiving a Ssdi check for Christa,
he gave her part of the money and she payed her insurance with it.  We no
longer get the check for her since she is now 18.  The thing is, her car
recently had a lot of work done, a fuel pump which was 500 dollars,  I gave
her 180 and Ben gave her 100 she paid the rest from graduation money that
she got from friends and family.
Now...in the Fall we will both be going to the same college.  Jenna and
Austin are thinking of moving to  Carrollton the town in which the college
is located.  The college is about 13 miles from where I currently live.  So,
I asked Christa if she wouldn't mind if I rode in to college with her, I
would give her money for gas I get a millage allowance from rehab.  She said
that kids shouldn't go to college with their parents, and since I have
Bowers my guide dog I stick out like a sore thumb!!
I didn't want Jenna to have to come the 13 miles from where she will live to
pick me up only to go back to the college, it semed  foolish since Christa
and I were going to the same place.
I felt hurt, as though somehow Christa w4ere ashamed of me, instead of being
proud her Mom was going back to school and would be a junior in the Fall,
she doesn't want to be seen with me.  I understand that kids don't want to
be with their parents, but  do you think I'm being to sensitive?
I have decided that Ben and I will look for a h ouse closer to school.
There is a transportation service that only would help me with
transportation if I lived in Carrol County, so perhaps we can find a house
there.
Rhonda