ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:20:20 -0500
Thanks Ned,
         You know, Greg and I have been on the other side of the coin where
we had to be the receivers, but we only approached congregations that we
knew well and that we had worked with a lot.  One time, when our car broke
down in the middle of Canada, as we were traveling from Maine to Michigan,
we had to make cold calls and we were rejected by almost every church, but
we understood where they were coming from.  Greg finally ended up getting a
ride from the funeral director to a town about 45 minutes away to rent
another van, so that we could continue with our trip.  We never thought ill
of the churches that either could not or would not help us.  .  We were
just grateful that God did provide a way.  Besides, Greg ended up having
more fun, almost riding in a herse and the police that showed up to take
Greg over to the funeral director's place offered to give the kids a show
by pretending to arrest Greg and the whole bit!  That was a lot more fun
than just having the church help!  GRIN!
         I realize that it may be a bit disappointing that George didn't
get help from the expected quarters, but isn't it just like God to surprise
us in the unexpected ones anyway?  Remember, we make our plans, but it is
the interruptions that are usually God's will.
Kathy