ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:32:55 -0700
this list is not about Chris but about Christ.  Most of this list, except
for a small handful of people, are totally unawares of things which were
occurring in the background attempting to give the best Christian advice
possible.  Unfortunately, believe it or not, some people on this list always
felt he should never be allowed on the list.  Others literally believed,
based upon many obscure things he referenced on a variety of topics, we
should call the authorities and report him.  I'm not kidding.  this was
suggested.  We have no evidence of anything.  No one on this list, to my
knowledge, has been to his home or been to visit his parents.  So everything
we know is based upon what we are told.  It is what it is.  Nothing.  It is
someone talking.  Take my advice.  Don't believe 99 percent of what people
tell you, or what you read, on the internet, regardless of who says it.  I
have been in this electronics communications game for over 15 years and the
last 10 on the internet.  I have seen and heard it all.  I could tell you
things right now you wouldn't believe but the one thing you should believe
is that 99 percent of things on the net should not be believed.
Furthermore, as I said already, he is on medication and he has had more
professional counseling than everybody on this list put together.  He has a
family who cares for him and keeps track of him.  No one on this list has
ever, and I can prove it if you want to take the time and go back through
nearly 10 years of saint Johns archives to read all the old emails, has
suggested he should do anything but what's write.  I don't care what anyone
else says about this issue because I am in the position to know.  Yes, some
people did not know and were not aware of certain aspects of his situation
and tried to help without the full knowledge of the situation.  As they
followed conversations on the list, or asked questions off the list, it
didn't take long for them to be brought up to speed.  As far as the current
situation is concerned, nobody said anything wrong.  the correct advice was
given.  The truth is, if what he says is the truth, our advice has probably
pushed him to do the opposite of what we said but such is the nature of
certain situations.  No one on this list has anything to feel bad about and
in my opinion, even if you think the worst is about to happen, there is not
one thing you can do about it.  Unless, of course, you want to get sued.  If
you want that, then be my guest but take your personal comments about this
topic to another list because, as I said, this is a public list and
everything you say can easily be read by the outside world any time they
wish.  What is wrong, on the other hand, is when people, both on the list
and external from the list,  make comments and judgments without the full
knowledge of the situation.  Nobody on this list has the vital information
needed to make the proper assessment.  If I am wrong about that, please feel
free to contact Chris directly.  Certain decisions have been discussed and
already made between the list owners so this topic is over.  Please don't
discuss it on the list any further once you have read this message.  What
you do off list is your own business.  Many people have attempted to do
their best to help.  Some will likely continue to do so.  I personally stop
doing that some time ago when I realized what was really going on and my
help was not required.  You would be wise to do the same.

Phil.

I flew Kites With Jesus
www.safeplacefellowship.com